It’s that time of the year when the weather starts rising in temperature and as a canine owner, we always want to make sure our pets are in a state where they are cool and safe. Check out this infographic on hot weather tips for your dog.
Hot Weather Tips For Your Dog:
Provide open access to:
*Clean and fresh water
*Shade and cool surfaces (not carpet)
Take Extra Precautions: Higher humidity means that it takes lower temperatures to get excessive heat exposure.
Older, obese or short-nosed dogs are less tolerant of heat:
- Boston Terriers
- Shi Tzus
- French Bulldogs
Signs of Heat Exposure:
*Increased Heart Rate
*Collapse & Seizures
What else can you do?
Exercise in the early morning and late evenings
Wet the paws, as this is a way for dogs to cool off
What you should not do!
- Never walk during the mid-day, especially in the open sun.
- Can trim longer haired dogs, but never shave their coats.
- Never ever leave your pets in a parked car. Not even for a minute.
- Avoid sidewalks and pavement, even during the evening because it can still be hot.
- Don’t rely on a fan, because they don’t cool off pets as effectively as they do people.
Recent Pet Posts
- Accessories (9)
- Chicken & Veggie Wraps (8)
- Jerky Treats (5)
- Made in the USA (5)
- Non-Rawhide Treats (21)
- Pork Skin Twists (2)
- Pressed Rawhide Bones & Rolls (16)
- Savory Munchies (13)
- Supreme Bones & Rolls (45)